Thursday, February 13, 2014

Caring 4 Youth

I have been trying to help families for 10 years now.  I have been trying to guide them to help for their children who are struggling with mental health issues, and pain manifesting itself in many self destructive ways.

My own child dealt with behaviors that were self destructive, and rooted in painful issues that were wrapped up in mistakes his dad and I made. The attention was all on his behavior, but the behavior was not the problem, it was the symptom.

I threw all I had at his behavior, I tried everything I knew. I begged for help from church, school, family and friends.  It was the most lonely time, and there was little support for me, or for him.

I figured out help for him though trial and error, and my boy payed a price.

I have since spent much time helping other families to find solutions so their children do not have to suffer any longer than necessary.

Hoping this BLOG will help families find answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment